Most years, it's an awful mess of rain, wind, and twenty shades of gray.
On the other hand, May brings flowers, sun, blooms, color, and light to this grand place. Is why we offer up an annual May Lawn Party for one and all who live in this fine Town. Including any Inn Guests who are lucky enough to reside here during the fete.
- Croquet. Horseshoes. Badminton. Bocce.
- These are the lawn games.
- Champagne. Ripe strawberries, some coated with chocolate. Finger sandwiches: Watercress, chicken salad.
- Dress up for this whimsy. A flowing dress and a fancy hat. A smart suit or sport coat and trousers ensemble. Some colorful silk at the throat. Maybe an old hat, too. It's all up to you.
- A Free For All event at Waystead Inn, every May, as weather permits.